What to expect when your doctor recommends an AmeriSleep Diagnostics Home Sleep Study:
- Once our office receives a referral from your doctor, our scheduling department will reach out to you to discuss any insurance authorizations (if necessary) and determine your availability for the study.
- If insurance authorizations are needed, we will attempt to secure them and call you back. (Note: As insurance coverage is between you and your insurance company, we will help you present your claim as a courtesy, however, you are ultimately responsibility for your account.)
- Our office will then work with you to schedule an appointment to pick up one of our state-of-the-art machines at our Mission Valley location.
- During your pick-up appointment, one of our experienced staff will provide one-on-one instruction on how to use it for the best results.
- The AmeriSleep Diagnostics device will be checked out to you to bring home for 1 to 2 nights.
- Please watch the videos below or download the attached instructions for more info on how properly set up the Home Sleep Test.
- Rest well and return the device to our office (please see each location office hours)
- AmeriSleep Diagnostics then completes the technical elements of the study and has one of its sleep certified physicians interpret the results, summarizing the findings, and recommendations.
- Final results will be sent to your referring doctors office usually within 7-10 business days.